Thursday, April 29, 2010

eagle warrior



This is what sparked my interest deeply into Coast Salish art. I was at work at BJ's Bingo and walked down a hallway by offices and seen a painting by Bill Holm with a warrior standing on a conoe. (BAD ASS...) that sparked my interest because at the time that show HUMAN WEAPON was on and started to wonder what our fighting methods were.

so the head-dress is my fathers, I put it on to cover up the top half of the face, originaly the mask is connected to a wooden helmet, but not knowing alot about carving and only drawing I decided to jump at it anyway, I wanted to make one really bad!

the mask over the face is made from cedar, and yes those are real eagle feather. and its just a black blanket. the picture was taken by my lil brother, you got to admit if you came accross this back in the 1890's you would be freaked out!...who wouldnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment